Preparing Paleo Breakfast
So many have been pondering the best way for them to describe themselves when they received the advance copy of Paleo Comfort Foods. You got it, remember back in those elementary school days when the biggest concern you had was who had the coolest lunch box? It was like a right of passage back when you was younger and always had to have the newest “in” lunch box. Whether it was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ghostbusters, or god forbid New Kids on the Block when you would get these lunch boxes they would not leave yours side. They would be on your lap on the way home from the store, would carry them around the house, they were in my bedroom when you slept, all just to make sure nothing ever happened to them before you could get them to school to show off and ensure my spot at the cool kids lunch table. Well, the sad news is, 22 years later and you may or may not have acted in a similar fashion. You got the book and before could get in to your house, was standing in driveway flipping through the pages as tripped over shoes, walked into counters in kitchen, and put things away in their wrong places because it was too preoccupied wiping drool off of the new glossy pages.
The recipes are easy to read, understand, and follow. You can really tell they put their heart and soul into this book and it comes out with the flavors of the dishes. They openly stated in the beginning of this book that depending on the version of Paleo you are living whether it be loose rules or following a strict Whole 30, some of these recipes may not be for you or not for daily consumption. Keep that in mind when you get hooked on Julie’s delicious Banana Pudding or are dipping 5 sweet potatoes in their amazing Chipotle Dipping Sauce.
Everything is good in moderation and since you believe Paleo is all an individual roadmap, this book can benefit people from all walks of life. People with Celiac Disease, Gluten Intolerances, and Primal/Paleo enthusiasts alike can all use these recipes and incorporate them into their healthy lifestyle choices. Do yourselves all a great favor and get over to Amazon and pre-order at least one copy of this book, but don’t forget the holidays are right around the corner so go ahead and stock up on gifts. This book is a steal for the $19 pre-order, you won’t be disappointed.
Here are some of the recipes under Paleo Book:
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ingredients (Coconut Flour Tortillas):
1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
8 Large Egg Whites (Set yolks aside you will use them below)
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Water
Coconut Oil for pan coating
Ingredients (Beef “burrito” stuffing):
1 Lb Grass-fed Ground beef
1 Red Onion, diced
2 Jalapenos, diced (I use my seeds)
1 Tomato, diced
4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
8 egg yolks (from above)
1/4 Cup of water
Salt and Pepper to taste
Process (Coconut Flour Tortillas):
1. Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl, making sure no lumps remain. You can cheat like me cause I used my new awesome NINJA with the whipping paddle, it was amazing, just saying.
2. Preheat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place 1 Tsp coconut oil in the pan and swirl around to coat.
3. Pour about 3 Tbsp of batter in the pan tilting the pan to spread the batter out and get a thin tortilla.
4. Ensure before you try and flip the tortilla, it is golden brown, if it is not it will rip. You need to be patient with these and let them brown.
5. Once golden brown, flip over and brown on the opposite side. Remove to plate with the below filling and repeat the process to finish off your batter.
Process (Beef “burrito” stuffing):
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Combine your 8 egg yolks and water in a bowl and whip well.
3. Place your onions, jalapenos, and ground beef in your pan and cook until your ground beef is cooked through.
4. When your beef is nearing completion, add in your minced garlic and season your life away with salt and pepper.
5. Once your beef is cooked, add in your whipped egg yolks and continue to stir well and ensure an even distribution of the eggs throughout the beef mixture.
6. Continue to cook until all of your eggs are cooked, remove from heat.
7. Lay one of your Delicious coconut flour tortillas from above on a plate, spoon in your “burrito” stuffing, close your tortilla and then top with diced tomatoes.
8. Serve and enjoy 🙂